Dr. Bui specializes in laparoscopic, robotic and minimally invasive urology. He earned both M.D. and Ph.D. degrees from the Yale School of Medicine in the Medical Scientists Training Program. Subsequently, Dr. Bui did his urology residency at UCLA where he earned accolades for his scientific research in kidney cancer.
Dr. Bui’s ground breaking work on advanced kidney cancer earned him the first prize and second prize at the American Urological Association Western Section and national conference, respectively, along with best scientific poster at the Society of Urologic Oncology in 2002. After residency, Dr. Bui continued on with a fellowship at UCLA dedicated to laparoscopic, robotic and minimally invasive urology. Dr. Bui joined the faculty at the Mayo Clinic Scottsdale in 2005 as an assistant professor of urology.
Dr. Matthew Bui was born in Saigon, Vietnam in 1968. He and his family barely escaped during the surrender of Vietnam in 1975 and came to the US as refugees. Dr. Bui grew up in Lancaster, Pennsylvania where he attended Franklin and Marshall College. He majored in Physics and graduated as valedictorian with Summa Cum Laude.
- Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
- Cell Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT
- General surgery, University of California Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Urology, University of California Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Laparoscopic urology and endourology, University of California Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Assistant Professor of Urology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Urologic oncology
- Robotic-assisted prostatectomy (nerve-sparing)
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty
- PVP “green-light” laser prostate surgery
- Endo-urology and kidney stone disease
- Nerve sparing surgery for prostate and bladder cancer
- Continent neobladder reconstructive surgery
- Cryosurgery of kidney lesions
- For a listing of recent publications, refer to PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine
8635 W 3rd St.
Suite 1 West
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
T: (310) 854-9898
F: (310) 854-0267